Friday, January 24, 2014

'32 Goddess of Speed Nearing the Finish Line

I like obsession and having a large project. I have been able to get into the studio a lot this week. Sometimes only for 30-45 minutes, sometimes for much longer. I love painting in the early morning.
A different approach with this painting is I am having to work flat so the glazes don't run. They really don't run but the do move a teeny bit which I don't like at all.
I have learned a lot doing this painting. Doing another in this style requires a very fine surface. A higher grade of canvas and more gesso that has been sanded smooth. Hmmm maybe oil paper.
'32 Goddess of Speed is nearing the Finish Line. I want to let it dry and touch up some line work. And I need to stare at it to check values and whether it reads true. So far I have added no opaque paint. I may add a touch or two if I need to pull anything forward. While it dries On to my next project. I have a smooth board.......

No comments:

Post a Comment