Monday, September 30, 2013

Gathering Gems

As an artist who has painted and done a huge variety of creative things throughout my life, I still feel like an emerging artist. I have so much more to learn. I have a vision of where I want my art to go and how I want to paint. Like a video game where one must collect gems to get to the next level, so it is in my pathway to higher art. If you don't know where the gems are hidden or get blocked by demons, monsters and dead ends, the gathering of these gems takes a lot longer. There is no cheating, or shortcuts, only perseverance and diligence.
I will fight my demons, slay the monsters and turn in new directions. Like the video game I will enjoy the journey, embrace the frustration and keep gathering those elusive gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment